๐ As I Conclude Deuteronomy (and the Pentateuch)
AI-generated image
AI-generated image
Since April 2, I have spent about three and a half months reading the Pentateuch, summarizing it chapter by chapter and trying to organize the key truths contained within it.
At first, I began this journey simply because I wanted to help my children understand the Bible a little more easily. But the more I organized the passages, the more I found myself learning. Eventually, I began hoping that these records might also be of some small help to others who read the Bible.
๐ The Pentateuch is often considered one of the most difficult parts of the Old Testament to understand.
✔️ In the past, whenever I read the Bible, I did not rely on commentaries. For this study of the Pentateuch, I also did not consult any commentaries or explanatory books. I simply read the biblical text itself and tried to understand it by following the context before and after each passage, as well as the overall flow of the Bible.
During this process, I began using artificial intelligence (Gemini, ChatGPT, and Claude). At first, I used AI mainly to create images. But gradually, it became a tool that allowed me to review and discuss the biblical text and check the accuracy of my summaries.
Eventually, this developed into a competition with AI to discover and summarize the key points of the Bible.
The purpose was not simply to defeat artificial intelligence. Rather, it was a process of confirming that the essential treasures of the Bible can be discovered through the biblical text itself.
๐ In Genesis, I discovered an astonishing order hidden within the genealogies and chronologies. As I calculated the timelines of Noah and Abraham, I came to realize that even the numbers recorded in the Bible do not seem to be there by accident. I also came to understand why Joseph wept so deeply, and I found myself shedding tears with him. Even amid Judah's corruption, I could see that God's providence was continuing to unfold.
๐ In Exodus, I discovered anew how many treasures—and even unexpected details—God had placed within the written account. The structure and regulations of the Tabernacle, as well as its numbers and order, all had meaning. Some things could only be understood clearly after drawing the structure and looking at it visually.
๐ In Leviticus, contrary to what I had expected, I discovered that it was not nearly as boring as I had imagined. Even within short laws and regulations, there were deep meanings hidden. Sometimes an important clue was simply knowing whom God was speaking to, or observing what was written in the first and last verses of a particular passage.
๐ In Numbers, I saw a perfect order in the way the numbers, arrangement of the tribes, journeys, and events were interconnected. Even the reasons why certain laws were given and why particular events were recorded where they were seemed to have meaning. Many times, discovering one treasure made it possible to see the next treasure.
๐ And then we came to Deuteronomy, the final book of the Pentateuch.
Deuteronomy is not simply a book that looks back on the past. It is a book that teaches God's people how they were to live in the land of Canaan.
Looking back on the failures of the forty years in the wilderness, Moses reminds the people that:
disobedience was the reason for their long journey in the wilderness;
God was the One who fought for them;
the thing they truly needed to fear was idolatry;
the seven nations of Canaan were being judged because of their wickedness;
even in times of prosperity, they must not forget God;
and parents had the responsibility to teach God's Word to the next generation.
Finally, Moses places before the people blessing and curse, life and death, and urges them to choose God.
But Deuteronomy ends in a particularly meaningful way.
Although the book ends with blessing, God had already revealed that Israel would eventually disobey and walk down the path of the curse.
It is a book that ends with blessing, yet at the same time it gives us a preview of the painful history of disobedience that would unfold in the years ahead.
Finally
As I worked through the Pentateuch, the greatest thing I came to realize was that the Bible is not a book written by chance.
A genealogy, a number, a place, an order, and even a small word such as “also” can have a reason for being there.
The more we read the Bible, the more we can discover the wisdom and providence of God hidden within its details.
This journey through the Pentateuch is not an ending. Rather, I believe it is another starting point for continuing to read the Bible more deeply.
“The Bible is not a book that should simply be interpreted according to human thinking. It is a book that must be read to the very end, allowing the Bible itself to explain the Bible.”
This is perhaps the greatest lesson I gained from reading through the Pentateuch.
๐
At first, I intended to summarize only the Pentateuch.
But the more I read, the more curious I became about what other treasures might be hidden in the books that follow. And after coming this far, it is not easy to simply stop.
So I have decided to continue for a little longer.
How far will I go...
I don't even know yet. ^^
๐ 1์ฌ's Genesis — List of Key Teachings & Reflections After Completing the Book in One Month
๐ 1์ฌ's Great Journey Through Exodus
๐ 1์ฌ's Great Journey Through Leviticus
๐ 1์ฌ's Great Journey Through Numbers
๐ 1์ฌ's Great Journey Through Deuteronomy

๋๊ธ
๋๊ธ ์ฐ๊ธฐ